Life’s Highway

Twenty-one years ago today, Dave and I made our way to the hospital and a few hours later our youngest son, Ben, was born. He weighed in at a whopping 6 lbs and was 18 inches long. I can still remember many details about that day and a few in particular come to mind.

1. This would be the last time I would go through pregnancy (thankfully, because my pregnancies were not enjoyable)
2. This would be last time I would go through labor and delivery (which was actually easier in many respects than my pregnancies)
3. This would be the last time I would become a mommy again.

Okay, so the last one turned out not to be accurate, but I do remember thinking all these things shortly after his birth.

So, my baby boy turned 21 today and my baby girl is 2 🙂 Baby girl will join our family sometime within the next year then our family will be complete. Okay, I know I said basically the same thing 21 years ago.

Here is my baby girl and my baby boy. Not the best quality photo and I really need to get an up-to-date photo of the two of them together. Maybe tonight at the birthday dinner.

Speaking of my 2 year old, we’re officially potty training. So far, so good. It hasn’t been completely accident free, but it’s been mostly accident free which is really good in my book. I would say at least 95% of the time she appropriately tells me she has to go potty or pah-ee as she says it. The other 5% is either waiting too long (accident) or wanting to sit on the potty so she can wash her hands afterwards.

The last bit of news to share is that two months ago today, our dossier arrived in Ethiopia. We were never given a registration date. I’ve asked our agency several times, but they haven’t received the information from the attorney in Ethiopia. Therefore, at this point I have to complete our count down to referral using the dossier arrival date. Two months down and counting.

9 thoughts on “Life’s Highway

  1. two months down – ONE to go, right?? right?? girl can dream……….BUT who knows, it may be sooner then we think. like TODAY would be a good day to get THE CALL, lol.Great pics of your kids. Good luck with potty training. it's always such an adventure, isn't it? It's past noon here and we "only" had two accidents so far, blah!

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s