Rescheduled Again

After being home most of the day, we left to run some errands.  The sky opened up and began to pour down rain and around the same time we received an email from the lender telling us they were missing a form they had sent us to complete, sign and return to them.  They requested we complete the form, sign it and get it back to them asap.  So, while I’m driving in a torrential down-pour, hubby begins to search thru all the documents and finds the one they are missing.  It was one of several documents the lender had asked us to complete 1-2 weeks ago.  A document we had completed and signed.  A document hubby had scanned and emailed to them within 24 hours of their request.  He re-sent the missing document letting them know it was sent previously and should have been in their email records.  The lender confirmed receipt of the document and told us everything was back in the hands of underwriting.

A short time later I received a call from our realtor telling us that closing has once again been changed.  Instead of closing at 8:30 tomorrow morning, we’ve been pushed back to noon.  All because the lender neglected to submit a document.  Of course we must not forget that last Friday our closing was pushed out to Wednesday and we were guaranteed it would be the last time.  Instead, it’s been rescheduled again.

I can’t say any of this is too shocking.  After all, this is the seventh time our closing has been scheduled and rescheduled.

  1.  June 15th – the seller requested a later closing date so they had time to find a rental.
  2. May 26th – the seller found a rental sooner than expected, so everything was moved up.
  3. May 27th – appraisal wasn’t received in time.
  4. May 28th – appraisal needed updates and the updates weren’t completed in time
  5. May 31st – appraisal updates still weren’t completed in time
  6. June 1st – appraisal updates were completed and our file submitted to underwriting for final approval.  Closing at 8:30 a.m.
  7. June 1st – lender didn’t include a document needed by underwriting so closing pushed out to noon.

As of 6:40 this evening we’ve been guaranteed that underwriting will review the last document and we WILL be closing tomorrow at noon.  Until all paperwork is signed and we have keys in hand, I will not trust this is the last reschedule.

Once everything is truly done, I’ll post and share more detail.  Until then, I’ll wallow in my frustration and continue preparing for our eventual move.

 

 

WEEEEEEE!

I jumped the gun yesterday.

Even though we were told closing was happening Tuesday morning, it appears that wasn’t accurate.

Around 7:30 last night, our lender called to let us know that closing has been moved to Wednesday.  It’s due to appraisal changes underwriting is requiring and the appraiser didn’t get them done yesterday.

We were promised this will be the last change, but at this point we’re not trusting anything we’re told.  After four changes, it becomes a little difficult to trust what we’re being told.  On top of that, underwriting is asking for more and more documentation.  It feels that as long as they have more time, they’ll just keep us busy chasing down documents. 

Our moment of joy dashed and now we wait to see what will actually happen.

On the bright side, I found out this morning that roofing materials were dropped off and tomorrow the roof will be replaced.  This was something the seller told us they would do from the very beginning and documents were signed stating they would replace the roof. 

With all the storms we’ve had this spring, I’m quite sure they wanted to wait until the last possible moment to try and avoid any possibility of another hail storm damaging the roof while they still carry the insurance on the house.  I’m also sure they didn’t want to default on the agreement, which would have given us the power to back out of buying the house.  Not that we would at this point, after all we’ve been thru just getting here.

So the roller coaster ride continues and with each blog post, I’m taking you along on the ride.

WEEEEEEEE!!!!!!

Happy Dance

The appraisal has arrived!!!!

It was sent after our lender left for the day yesterday, so technically on time, just not during the regular work day.

As of today we’re signing all necessary documents to close Tuesday morning at 8:30 a.m.

We’ve informed the RV Park of our departure.

I’ve set up our accounts for water, gas, electric and garbage.

I’m contacting all our creditors to give them our new address.

I’m contacting all providers of junk mail and telling them to quit sending me junk mail J

We’ve been shopping for things we’ll need for the house and making plans for move-in.

I’m still feeling stressed, but now it’s a good kind of stress.  It’s the kind of stress that makes me do the Happy Dance!!!!!!!!

 

The Saga Continues

Closing has now been pushed out to Tuesday because the lender still doesn’t have the appraisal. 

The fact that the lender doesn’t have the appraisal is not shocking in the least.  We are working with the VA and they are not known for expediting things.  However, the frustrating part in this is that waiting until Tuesday means we have lost the entire three-day weekend.  A weekend we could use for moving things to our new home.  The weekend, when friends and family are off work and more able to assist us with getting things moved. 

I expressed my frustration to our realtor and she suggested we sign a temporary residential lease that would allow us to move in prior to closing.  It would cost us a little bit of money in rent, but would at least allow us to spend the weekend getting some things into the house.  It would also give us a more solid date and we could begin doing things like having the utilities switched over to our name, get address change notices out and make arrangements to move out of the RV Park now instead of continuing to put it off while we wait to find out if and when we’ll close.

So, we signed the document and now we wait to see if the current homeowners will agree. 

The saga continues!

 

That’s How We Roll

Our home purchase experience has been full of ups and downs.

First we found a fixer-upper in Arlington.

–          Offer made

–          Nothing back from the seller on the offer

–          Finally, a new offer is made

–          Offer is accepted

–          Home inspection completed

–          Roofer out to inspect roof

–          Seller decides she will not replace the roof

–          We walk away

 

Next we find two houses we like.

–          Offers made on both houses

–          Counter offer comes back on our favorite of the two

–          Counter offer accepted

–          Home inspection done

–          Paperwork moving along smoothly

–          Sellers request an earlier close date

–          Request accepted

–          Problems with VA entitlement

–          Problems resolved

–          Waiting on appraisal, which needs to be completed and to the lender in three days

–          Realtor suddenly realizes the termite inspection hasn’t been ordered

–          Trying to expedite termite inspection

Yes folks, we are down to the wire.  No getting everything done early and then sitting back and waiting on closing.  Everything in our life needs to have some excitement built in, because that’s how we roll 🙂

 

The good news is, our realtor sent me a text yesterday letting me know that the appraisal is due to be completed within the next 3 days.  If it does get completed and to the lender by Monday, we’re good to go on Thursday.

We’re trying to bring this to an exciting finish!!!

Stay tuned.

Check and Check

Today, the girls and I drove to the title company and gave them the earnest money for our Tuscany home purchase. – Check

The home inspection is scheduled for tomorrow morning which is an important next step in the process.  The inspector has given us a really good deal on doing a pool inspection as well, so everything will be covered. – Check

Although I’m still guardedly excited, my excitement over buying this house continues to grow. I’m especially excited about the prospect of completing the upgrades in a Tuscan style décor. After all, the house is on Tuscany Ct.

 

The next 1-2 weeks will be crucial as we get the inspection and appraisal done. One or both will determine if we move forward with this home purchase, renegotiate the deal or start shopping for a different home.

Fingers crossed!!!!