A quick update on Ryan . . .
He’s still in the hospital and as of 5:15 this afternoon he has been seizure free since 9:20 this morning. They are giving him loading doses of 3 seizure meds to control the seizure activity, but it’s necessary at this point.
I was also able to speak to the neurologist this afternoon and discuss Ryan’s history. Once they feel his seizures are under control, we’ll be looking at making some long term med changes. Med changes are scary, but it’s necessary to try at this point.
The last several posts have been about Ryan or our fundraiser. Okay, I did share a little about my reunion with my high school best friend, but for the most part my posts haven’t necessarily been exciting and at times depressing. In an effort to make this one exciting I’ll talk a little about Lili and then share some recent photos. After all, what’s more exciting than my Lili and photos 🙂
Lili will officially be 2 1/2 years old on Friday so I thought it would be good to share some facts about Lili.
– She continues to expand her vocabulary on pretty much a daily basis.
– She is learning new things at lightening speed.
– She is gifted when it comes to having a temper tantrum.
– She loves to help with things i.e. cooking, cleaning, feeding the dogs, etc.
– She knows all her colors
– She is potty trained, although that’s really old news now since she’s been potty trained for 3 months.
– She loves anything Dora.
– She loves to dance.
– She loves music.
– She isn’t so much into dolls, but she does enjoy playing mommy to some of her stuffed animals. (Maybe a future vet?)
– She has really good vocal cords and likes to prove that with a loud high-pitched scream.
– She loves books and sits very patiently through books with somewhat wordy pages.
– She can count to 13 in English with very little assistance.
– She can also count to 10 in Spanish with very little assistance.
– She is a bit picky about food. Fruits – good Meats – good Veggies – Not so good
Breads – Not so good Dairy – good
– She loves art. Especially if the art includes crayons, markers, paint, or play-doh.
– She likes to build things with block or lock blocks (large Lego’s).
– She very much enjoys playing outside and especially enjoys going to the park.
– She likes attention and will often say, “Watch me.”
– She has problems pronouncing her R’s and L’s. As a result when you ask her what her name is she will tell you “Yiyi.”
– She not only knows her name, but will also tell you her age.
– She enjoys having her pictures taken and will run up to me saying “Picture. Cheese.” This is followed by a big cheesy smile. Want proof?
Modeling her first attempt at tattoo art.
Debbie, Lily is so beautiful. I just love that dark hair and eyes since we have so many blondes around us! I am sorry to hear of all Ryan's struggles, but I really hope he has turned the corner and the meds are working!!Thanks for posting pics of Lily. Adorable!! She sounds just like my Bella – who is also 2 1/2. Fun age, isn't it!!