Instead, here I sit writing a blog post and wondering what I should start packing next.
Hubby received the official job offer from HR and accepted it last week, so it’s all official now and we know for a fact WE ARE MOVING!. But what we don’t know is when. We are guessing he will need to report to his new job sometime in the next 6 weeks, but an exact date would be helpful. Obviously, his new boss wants him sooner rather than later, but his current boss would like to find someone to fill the position before he leaves. So the two bosses will battle it out and come to an agreement on a start date. I’m keeping my fingers crossed that we’ll know for sure sometimes this week, but I’m only crossing my fingers and I’m not holding my breath.
So I look around the house and try to decide what to pack next. Since we can’t buy a house there until our house sells here, we want to rid ourselves of the vast majority of our belongings. No need to pay a monthly storage fee for a bunch of stuff we can’t use for the next several months or quite possibly the next year. Moving everything in this 5 bedroom home would take a very large storage unit and maybe multiple units. It just makes more sense to save that money and buy what we need when we need it. Plus, we have accumulated a lot of stuff we just don’t need.
But even though I’m not packing right now I have been busy getting things done.
Since we can’t buy another house until this house sells, we will need somewhere to live. Fortunately, we have a second home and her name is Georgette. Georgette will become our home and why not. She has everything we need and she is ours, so why not take advantage of what we have.
The problem, however, is that typically, RV parks only have a certain number of full-time spots available and those spots are full in the Dallas area. This means getting our name on wait lists and hoping that something opens up by the time we need it. None were able to give me any guarantee though, until today!!!!
I called yet another RV park today and they have a waitlist going, but what was different this time is that they could guarantee me a definite move-in date. The location is good, the price is comparable to the other parks in the area, and they were able to guarantee a move-in date of December 28th. Not quite as soon as we’ll probably need it, but we have a date and another guarantee. If something opens up sooner, they’ll contact us and we can move in earlier. That’s more than anyone else was able to do for us and this park is in a better location than the other parks. So I feel good about this accomplishment today and I’m actually excited about living in Georgette for awhile and will likely be ready to move back into sticks and bricks after this house sells 🙂
If we know nothing else, we know that we’ll be starting the New Year in Texas and that I really need to get back to packing.
Wow!! How exciting and overwhelming, too. At least packing and moving is overwhelming to me, anyway. How will this affect your foster kids?
That’s the worst part of this move Marla! The foster kids have to be moved to a new foster home. Because the case is still slated for reunification, they have to stay in Illinois where they can have regular visits with their bio parents. This move is emotional anyway, and the boys add tremendously to our emotions.
I can only imagine … I hope you find peace that you have given them a great step toward reunification!
Whoops! I am reading your blogs backwards … I am caught up now.