Unlike years past, I made some resolutions this year. All of them were made in an effort to create a healthier lifestyle for me and my family.
– I’m continuing to lose weight doing Body by Vi
– I’m trying to make healthier food choices for myself and my family
– I’ve begun to declutter the kitchen by getting rid of things I haven’t used in the last couple of years and getting rid of plastic containers
– I’ve begun replacing coated pots, pans and bakeware with ceramic and stoneware
– I’ve begun exercising, although I have no real exercising regime in place and am just trying to move more with the girls. It’ still exercise.
– I’m working on reducing our debt and trying to make better shopping choices
– I’ve left Facebook, which has turned out to be a very good decision for me
I’m a work in process, but I feel good about the progress I’m making toward keeping the promises I made to myself and my family.
These resolutions have also caused me to become more introspective. My life has been and is still out-of-balance in many ways. I have been soul-searching to try to determine why and what changes need to take place to become more balanced. I believe I’ve discovered some of the answers and have been discussing these realizations with my husband. It has led to some very interesting conversations and further discussion about change and how we can set up our life and home differently.
It’s time create a life that gets us back to the basics.
Debbie, I think that what you are doing is something we should all do – get back to the basics! I also feel like some areas of my life are out of balance. Kudos to you for having the willingness and courage to address some tough issues! (((((((((((((((((HUGS))))))))))))))
Thank you my friend! Finding balance can be tough. I feel that me and my family may actually be getting on the right track. It will be hard work though.
I’ve been doing something similar, doing a bible study, going sugar free, and eliminating some other junk, including some of my mindless Facebook and internet surfing. It’s been very insightful, and I think I’m going to continue it past the 3 weeks that I initially committed to.
Good for you Tracy! You are taking control of your physical, emotional and spiritual health.