Happiness should never be dependent on the actions of another person. Certainly there are people in life can do things that make another person feel happy, but each of us are responsible for our own happiness.
This is something I’ve been trying to teach my girls. I don’t want them to grow up feeling as if happiness is only achieved when you have people in your life that make you happy. I want to learn the art of happiness.
At times, it seems an impossible task in America today. This society seems to approach happiness as something external.
I’ve been thinking about this quite a bit recently and doing some reading on happiness and I think I have found 15 good rules to live by that will bring about great happiness in life.
1. Be thankful for the good things in your life instead of focusing on all the troubles in your life.
2. Live for today.
3. Don’t forget to say, “I Love You”.
4. Be someone who gives instead of takes.
5. Look for the good in everyone and everything.
6. Meditate daily.
7. Do at least one good deed each day.
8. Don’t lose sight of the priorities in your life.
9. Don’t sweat the small stuff.
10. Let procrastination go by developing a Do It Now attitude.
11. Surround yourself with good.
12. It’s okay to laugh and it’s okay to cry.
14. Fear should not be allowed to rule your life.
15. Let it go!
I love these rules Debbie! Thanks for sharing 😀
They seem pretty simple and I really need to work on modeling these rules for the girls.
I think I need to print this off! Thanks!
You could put it on your chalkboard 🙂
GREAT ADVICE!!!!!! Gonna share on facebook!
I just need to take my own advice 🙂