What have I learned from gardening this year?
- Too much rain in the spring and early summer don’t equal a great crop of tomatoes in the summer.
- Having a toddler who doesn’t find playing the garden fun, makes gardening almost impossible.
- Too much rain + toddler = Weed Fest 2015
- Heirloom tomatillos planted in 2014 will produce new plants and fruit in 2015.
- Adding two younger children to the household just means less time for the garden.
Honestly, I’m not even sure I could call my garden a garden this year. This would have been a more appropriate description.
I went into it with great plans and good intentions, but life and the weather just seemed to have a different plan.
Now we’re preparing to pull everything up (except for the blueberries and raspberries I planted this spring), work out a different plan for next year and hope we’re more successful in our gardening attempts.
The nice thing about gardening is that you get a do-over every spring.
Here’s to a better 2016 garden season!!!