RoiAnn from Are You the Babysitter? has nominated me for a Liebster Award. Thank you RoiAnn!!!
For those not familiar with RoiAnn’s blog, please go check it out here. She is a wonderful writer and I absolutely love reading her blog.
When she told me she had nominated me for a Liebster Award, I was very flattered. Then I decided to find out exactly what a Liebster Award is.
Liebster is a German word meaning sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing, and welcome. (I hope my German friend Mel will confirm this for me.) The Liebster Award is a blogger to blogger award. It’s one blogger recognizing another blogger who has less than 200 followers. I feel very honored to know that RoiAnn has been reading my little blog and felt that I deserved to be recognized.
So here is how it works.
1.Thank the Liebster Blog presenter who nominated you and link back to their blog.
2.Post 11 facts about yourself, answering the 11 questions you were asked and create 11 questions for your nominees.
3.Nominate 11 blogs who you feel deserve to be noticed and leave a comment on their blog letting them know they have been chosen.
4.Display the Liebster Award logo.
5.No tag backs, meaning you can’t just re-nominate the person who nominated you.
Here we go!!!
- What did you have for breakfast this morning? I picked a really bad day to answer this question, but I had Pop Tarts. I haven’t bought Pop Tarts in a few years, but we bought some over the weekend while we were out-of-town. Certainly not my usual breakfast, but they were tasty.
- Train, Bus, Bicycle, Car, Skateboard, or your Own Two Feet? Train if I’m going to Chicago (I hate finding and paying for parking in Chicago). Bus, when getting from place-to-place in Chicago. Car for errands or going on trips (I love seeing the landscape in different areas around the country). I tried skateboarding when the boys were younger and would most certainly hurt myself now. I absolutely should be using my bicycle and own two feet a whole lot more, especially after a Pop Tart breakfast.
- Paper or Plastic? Paper
- If you could retire tomorrow comfortably, would you? YES!!!!! Although as a stay-at-home mom, some people probably think I’m already retired. Not even close!!
- If you’ve ever been locked out of your house, how did you get back in? My oldest son locked me out of the house when he was a toddler. Panic immediately set in as I ran to the neighbor’s house for help. We got in with a screwdriver. Not even sure how we did it. I always kept a key hidden after that.
- What is the first book you remember reading and really, really liking? Dick and Jane. Yes, they are learn-to-read books, but I have vivid memories of reading for the first time and I loved it.
- What is something you say every day? I love you! I only remember hearing those words one time from my parents growing up and want to make sure my kids hear those words daily.
- Have you ever jumped out of an airplane? No.
- How do you celebrate New Year’s Eve? Quiet evening at home and usually to bed early. Not very exciting I know.
- What are the printed words closest to you right now? Town house Pita Oven Baked Crackers. My laptop is in the kitchen and the box of crackers are right next to me.
- How old were you when you learned to ride a bike? I think I was about 6 years old.
Finding 11 blogs to nominate was more challenging than I imagined it would be. I love reading blogs and follow several. Many I follow quietly, most of which have more than 200 followers. Several others are blogs that haven’t been updated for months which makes me very sad. Facebook seems to have taken the place of many blogs, which I really don’t understand. I was able to find 11 blogs that qualify for a Liebster Award though.
- Amazing Grace & Safe Haven
- Oscar & Etta
- Public House
- The Cloud Chronicles
- Family of Heads
- Writers Block
- FarmGirl School
- Bushel and a Peck
- A Duncan Adoption
- Burning Apathy
- He, She, They, We
Nominees, here are you 11 questions.
- How many pets did you have as a child?
- How many different states have you visited?
- Do you prefer winter, spring, summer or fall?
- If you could go anywhere in the world, where would you go?
- Sweet or salty?
- What is your favorite movie of all time?
- What is the first name of your childhood best friend?
- What is your biggest fear?
- If you won $1,000,000, what would you do with the money?
- When you were a child, what did you hope to be when you grew up?
- What one song must you turn up and sing along with?
How sweet! The question is whether or not I’ll get around to actually doing it. There’s a reason, though. Details soon. Probably. If I can. We’ll see…
I hope you are able to participate and will blog more regularly. I miss you posts.
Fantastic! Thank you. I love the question and answer bit – such a way to get to know a person – and I hear you on the Pop Tarts. My college mainstay. YUM. But not a fact I shared widely! And your house lockout story? Harrowing to have a toddler “locked in”! Take care 🙂
The question and answer part was fun.
And my son locking me out gave me my first anxiety attack 🙂 Trying to get a toddler to undo what they’ve done is next to impossible, especially from the other side of the door.
Hey Debbie, thanks so much for the award. Here is the link to my post:
Hey what’s all this about homesteading! I am so behind on my reading. Just read through your hubbies blog. We have talked about/daydreamed about this exact thing for our family!!!
And are you adopting again??? My computer crashed awhile back and I lost the password to your protected entries. Will you email it to me so I can get caught up? email@example.com
I emailed you Carrie.